Parkinson’s is a disease that causes certain nerve cells in the brain to gradually break down and eventually die. The brain then begins to function abnormally causing the many symptoms of Parkinson’s. Your genes ultimately play a major role in this disease, but there is actually no proven cause of Parkinson’s. Diagnosis usually comes around the age of 62.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s
Coping with Parkinson’s disease can be a very difficult thing to do. Several symptoms come with this particular disease, many of which may make you uncomfortable in public and uncomfortable in your own skin. The most common symptoms include:
- A tremor, or shaking. It will usually start in just one limb. Especially when your hands are at rest, Parkinson’s will make your hands and fingers shake.
- Slow movement. It may be difficult to lift off the couch or to walk without dragging your feet. This disease will also decrease your overall balance.
- Stiff muscles. This may cause pain throughout your body.
- Speech and writing impairments. Speech may become more monotoned or slurred, while writing may become difficult.
A Progressive Disorder
The symptoms above will only worsen as your condition progresses over time. Parkinson’s disease is labeled as a chronic degenerative progressive disease. This means it will develop gradually, and unfortunately, medicine isn’t able to cure it. The only solution for any improvements would be a lifestyle change.
Many people with Parkinson’s will take medications in the attempt to eliminate the shakes all together, but the only real way to compensate and cope with the disease is to take control. By looking beyond medications and pills, you are able to find a way to change it. The doctors and professionals at The Epigenetics Healing Center can use a person’s genetic code to address and fix Parkinson’s.
By examining your genetic code, The Epigenetics Healing Center can begin to understand your body’s functions and then give you the lifestyle changes you need to reverse the effects of Parkinson’s. Some of the lifestyle changes they may recommend include:
- Healthy eating and dietary restrictions
- Exercise and living a more active life
- Avoiding falls by changing the way you pivot and walk
- Techniques for carrying out everyday activities
Take control of your chronic disease, and schedule an appointment with Dr. Goodbinder at The Epigenetics Healing Center today. In the meantime, there are ways you can begin to reverse some of the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Consider using these home remedies to begin reversing your chronic disease:
- Yoga or tai chi to increase flexibility and balance
- Pet, music or art therapy to improve emotional health and improve happiness
- Massage to combat stiffness and muscle ache
There are many option for your Parkinson’s disease out there. You don’t need to take medications for the rest of your life.Know that we are waiting to help you here at The Epigenetics Healing Center. Call today
Are you ready to restore your life?
Dr. Jay Goodbinder ND DC DABCI is a doctor in Kansas City, MO who serves patients in the surrounding Kansas City areas, cities across the United States, and in several countries around the world.