The AIP Paleo diet is infamous for how strict it can seem. At the Epigenetics Healing Center, we’re here to tell you that you can still enjoy sweets even when trying to make sure you’re on the right track for health and success.
Dr. Goodbinder suggests a balanced and non-inflammatory diet to promote good health! Check out all of our recipes here!
- 1 cup dried shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon pinch of sea salt
- 4 medjool dates pits removed
- 2 TBS maple syrup or honey
- Optional Coating: 2 Tablespoons maple sugar or coconut sugar
- To keep this recipe as easy as possible with minimal clean up I use this mini food processor that came with my favorite immersion blender.
- Add dried coconut to food processor, and process alone for 30 sec to 1 min to release oils.
- Add in tigernut flour, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, process until all mixed & fine.
- Add in dates and process again, then add in maple syrup (or honey).
- Form into balls with your hands.
- Optional: Roll in maple sugar or coconut sugar.
- You can eat them as is or freeze to enjoy later. I store them in the fridge in an airtight container, but they are fine if left out for a day or two at room temp.
Are you ready to restore your life?
Dr. Jay Goodbinder ND DC DABCI is a doctor in Kansas City, MO who serves patients in the surrounding Kansas City areas, cities across the United States, and in several countries around the world.